Thinking globally | Acting locally
Can’t stand the fact that 14 billion pounds of trash is dumped into the world’s oceans every year? We can’t either. Let’s do something about it.
Our 2020 beach clean up was canceled due to COVID-19. We were intending to host in Hampton, NH and York, ME. While we were eager to continue this tradition, COVID-19 threw us for a loop and the health and wellness of our community is far more important.
Our intention comes from a place of passion. We want to work collaboratively with community members to keep our roads, beaches, woods, and surrounding town clean. The good news is, even without our gathering, individuals still took steps to pick up trash in their neighborhoods while they celebrated Earth Day.
Earth Day & Beyond:
– Avoid single use items that create excess waste and opt for reusable options instead. You’d be amazed at the wide variety of reusables.
– Reduce your consumption. Next time you buy something, evaluate if it will truly benefit you in the long run. The less you buy, the less waste there is. An added bonus, you save money too.
– Educate and encourage your friends & family to take a trip to the beach to collect trash.
– Participate in a Plastic Free challenge! Join millions of people in reducing their plastic consumption.
– Give yourself room to learn. It’s a process and can be frustrating at times – but you got this.
Thank you for your interest in our events. We will be back as soon as it is safe to do so. Until then, we hope you and your loved ones stay healthy. For more information, contact Carrie Mayo: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world.” – Howard Zinn